Dear North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council Friends,
Hello to you all! Below this message is the agenda for the NSHNC General Membership meeting on Thursday, November 8, 2018, 6:30pm Meet n’ Greet, 7pm Meeting. In the next paragraph see four special features of the upcoming meeting (be sure to check out #3). All are welcome, so feel free to share this notice.
Four Special Features of This Meeting:
1. Our special guest is Kent Police Officer Jennifer Prusa, who will present on many aspects of safety for our homes, vehicles, property, and package delivery/mail.
2. Our neighborhood council’s first ever Certificates of Appreciation for 2018 Volunteers will be given.
3. A Challenge for All! If you bring the most people (who have not attended a previous NSHNC meeting) to this meeting, you will be the prize winner!!! Note: The National Night Out picnic won’t count as a meeting, so you can bring friends who attended that event. Invite your neighbors and friends and win!
4. Using the ideas generated by people who attended the Oct. 4th General Membership Meeting, we’ll discuss and determine useful and interesting topics we want to have included in 2019 NSHNC meetings and projects.
Hope to see you at the General Membership Meeting on Nov. 8th. Thanks!
Fran McNett, North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council President
922 Reiten Rd.
Cell: 253-224-3272; Landline: 253-277-3846
“Participating Positively with All Neighbors in the North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council Area.”
North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council General Membership Meeting
*Thursday, November 8, 2018, 6:30pm Meet n’ Greet; 7pm Meeting
*Kent Senior Activity Center, 600 E. Smith St., with parking entrance on Kennebeck Ave.
Meeting Agenda for November 8, 2018
1. 6:30pm – Meet n’ Greet with cookies and beverages
2. 7:00pm – Welcome and Introductions
3. Minutes from General Membership Meeting, October 4, 2018
4. Guest Presentation – Kent Police Officer Prusa with Good Info and Tips about Safety for Our Homes, Vehicles, Property and Package Delivery/Mail during the Winter Holidays and Months
5. Presentation of Certificates of Appreciation for 2018 Volunteers
6. “Bring New Folks to this Meeting” Challenge Prize-winner
7. Old Business:
· Report on Gowe Street Park Grant Work
· Q & A about Becoming a Board of Directors Volunteer
8. New Business:
· Part 2 of Last Meeting’s Activity: Your Ideas and Thoughts Are Wanted!
Select and discuss which topics we should include in 2019 NSHNC meetings and activities
9. Other Business
10. Next General Membership Meeting Date and Time
11. Adjourn Meeting and See You in 2019!
All North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council meetings are open to the public and are family-friendly. Kids are welcome to meetings. We provide quiet time toys and activities for kids to use or you can bring their favorites.