Handout about Some Bylaws Articles (Complete Bylaws Here)
To create a community among residents where we all work together to recognize strengths and issues of concern, solicit input from each other, propose actions and work with each other and the City of Kent to enhance the quality of our life on North Scenic Hill.
• A person must live within the boundaries of NSHNC and be at least 16 years old
• Businesses within NSHNC boundaries may have one person representing the business
• Fill in a membership form, providing name, street address, email, and phone number
Dues, Donations, and Fundraising:
• Dues or membership fees are prohibited.
• The NSHNC board may ask for and accept donations or choose to decline offered donations and pursue other fundraising activities not precluded by law
• Four general membership meetings each year with additional special meetings, as needed
• All meetings shall be held at the Senior Center or other public buildings or facilities in Kent
• All meetings are open to the public
• A quorum at meetings is 20 members
• Minutes will be provided following approval at the next board meeting (by 45 days after a general membership meeting)
Handout about Some Committees in Bylaws (Complete Bylaws Here)
Four standing committees: Elections, Community activities, Budget and finance, Communications and outreach
• Develops election procedures and standing rules or elections and other related matters in accordance with the bylaws
• Responsible for planning and conducting elections in accordance with the current election procedures
Community activities committee:
• Responsible for activities including, but not limited to, senior activities, youth enrichment, parks, education, public works and public safety issues and actions affecting NSHNC
• Connect NSHNC members to neighborhood programs and institutions
• Responsible for organizing the NSHNC picnic
Budget and finance committee:
• Prepare and present the annual budget to the board
• Monitor and track expenditures annually
• Provide a financial report of the preceding year to the board in the first quarter of the subsequent year
Communications and outreach committee:
• Promote interest in NSHNC
• Publicize NSHNC activities
• Produce and administer communications including, but not limited to, a newsletter, a web-based presence, and social media
Activity Handout for Your Ideas and Thoughts Are Wanted!
Share your ideas and thoughts about these topics for our North Scenic Hill Neighborhood Council. All ideas and thoughts from this activity will be typed up and shared for discussion at the next General Membership meeting.
1. Please write about one topic per Post-it.
2. If you need more Post-its, we have them here.
3. When you are done, please put your Post-its on the large topic sheets.